Obsolete Comics presents: CrisisDeadline: Sunday 31st of May 2020
A fictional comics anthology open to submissions which explore what changes, and what doesn’t, in times of crisis.
We want to celebrate community spirit and demonstrate that by working together and supporting each other societies can adapt and thrive, even in dire circumstances.
We favour slice-of-life and science-fiction, but not strictly. We encourage the weird and wonderful - your characters can be any species, and the story can be set in any place or time.
We are particularly interested in stories that incorporate the use of technology or tools, and those with a retro-futuristic style, if that's your jam.
We would like to avoid non-fiction diary comics, or any comics specifically taking place during the current COVID-19 pandemic. Use your own experiences, but think outside the box to create an unusual fictional story from them!
- Submissions should be one to six pages of comics.
- Page size - 129x198mm - add 3mm on each side if your art goes full bleed. Text and important stuff should be kept within an 8mm margin. This is a smaller format than most western comics - the same size as a standard paperback novel, a little bigger than manga - so keep that in mind!
- All art should be in black and white.
- Submitted files should be in PDF format, 300DPI.
- Submitted content should be suitable for teenage readers.
- Initial release will be digital, but we do also hope to release a print edition as soon as possible.
- All accepted submissions that get included in the anthology will receive free access to the digital copy of the book and 2 free physical copies when available.
- You will retain all rights to your work, whether we publish it or not. Post it on your social media accounts, submit it to other anthologies… it’s up to you! Any profits you make off your work through your own means are 100% your own.
- All profits made through the sale of the Crisis anthology will be donated to Crisis, the UK homelessness charity.
Send completed submissions to email@example.com by Sunday 31st of May, 23:59(GMT) at the latest, using the subject header "Crisis Submission". Please include the name(s) you wish to be credited as, and any social media accounts you would like to promote. If you have any questions, email the same address with the subject header "Crisis Question".
Have fun, take care and remain indoors!